Did you know the average American spends over one hour a day preparing meals and spending time with family in their kitchen? For many homeowners, the kitchen is the place where their most cherished memories are made. If you are ready to remodel your Bay Area kitchen, you want to ensure the professionals you hire understand your needs and can design and construct a kitchen you absolutely love!
At Clever Design & Remodeling, our primary goal is to ensure you are extremely happy with your new kitchen. Our company of trained professionals has years of experience transforming kitchens in the Hillsborough area. Are you ready to get started? Here is some invaluable information for anyone in Hillsborough looking for a fantastic kitchen remodeling company.
Kickstart Your Kitchen Remodeling Project in Hillsborough, CA
Your Hillsborough kitchen is outdated, drab, and in desperate need of a facelift. Living in the San Francisco Bay Area, there are several fantastic design and construction firms to choose from. Why should you work with the talented team at Clever Design & Remodeling? The answer is simple: We understand the unique needs of Hillsborough, CA, residents.
As an educated and savvy homeowner, you naturally have your own ideas and apprehensions and want to ensure you work with a design firm that will guide you through the entire process. Are you worried your budget won’t cover the entire remodel? Do you have concerns about your remodeling contractors keeping a tight schedule? Do you have a problem with your current kitchen design? No matter what the issue, our team has a solution for every situation!
Unlike other contractors, we understand your concerns and will work tirelessly to ensure your new kitchen is both functional and elegant. With the help of highly-trained project managers, your kitchen remodeling project will always be completed on time and on budget.
Why Hillsborough, CA Home Owners Trust Us for an Amazing Job
The best San Jose home remodeling services!
“My kitchen desperately needed an upgrade, and I researched several companies around the San Jose area. Luckily, my neighbor recommended Clever Design & Remodeling. I am so thrilled with the finished product. My designers recommended granite countertops, and I never in my wildest dreams thought I could afford natural stone! Thank you so much, Clever Design. I am in love with my new kitchen and cannot wait to start on my master bedroom and bathroom remodeling!”
Top-rated contractors in Foster City!
“I needed a kitchen/bathroom remodel in my Foster City home and was concerned about the costs, including the cost of solar installation. I have also had bad experiences working with contractors in the past and was apprehensive about hiring a design company. Luckily, I found Clever Design and Remodeling. The amazing team put my mind at ease during the initial consultation. The construction project went smoothly, and I love my new kitchen and bathroom.”
My go-to construction company in San Mateo!
“After being surprised by baby number three, I knew we needed to add another bedroom to accommodate a nursery. We were on a tight schedule with a new baby on the way, and I wanted to find a construction company near San Mateo that could help me through the entire process. After an extensive search, I found Clever Design and Remodeling, and I could not be happier. They not only built a bedroom, they also remodeled my guest bathroom. I would recommend this company to any house owner. I had a great experience and cannot wait to work with them again!”
Most recommended bathroom remodelers in Hillsborough, CA!
“My Hillsborough, CA, master bath was very old and outdated. There were leaks in the plumbing, and the vinyl flooring was straight out of the 1980s! I was dreaming of a spa bathroom and looking for a bathroom remodeling company that could make my dream a reality. My sister recommended Clever Design & Remodeling, and I am thrilled with the finished product. I spend all my free time in my beautiful bathroom!”
Excellent home remodeling company in San Mateo!
“I needed everything for my new Mountain View, CA, kitchen, including new cabinets, flooring, appliances, countertops, and even walls! It was a big job, and I needed a contractor who could complete it on time and budget. I absolutely love my new kitchen and am thrilled with the final result. If you are looking for contractors near Hillsborough and Mountain View and want to work with the best, do yourself a favor and contact Clever Design!”
Choosing the Right General Contractor for Your Hillsborough Home
From designers and interior designers to custom builders or sub-contractors and a project manager, you will work with several outstanding professionals on your kitchen remodeling project. However, one of the most essential pieces of the kitchen remodeling puzzle is your general contractor. Here are some of the roles and responsibilities of your project’s general contractor:
- Overseeing the entire project. Managing a renovation project takes a specially-trained professional with years of experience. Your general contractor must maintain a timeline, order materials, work with vendors, and communicate with you as the homeowner to ensure the project remains on track.
- Guide, hire, and oversee the electrical, plumbing, and other subcontractors. One of the primary jobs of a general contractor is to hire and manage subcontractors. These subcontractors perform specific tasks throughout the renovation process, from electrical work and plumbing to installing your updated HVAC system.
- Maintain a daily log of the projects, including each project’s progress. During the initial stages of your home’s construction project, you will receive a rough timeline, including an estimated completion date. Your main contractor will work tirelessly to ensure that each task is not only completed to their exacting standards but that these tasks are finished on time and within budget.
- Perform daily inspections of the project and ensure it remains on schedule. One of the most overlooked jobs of a contractor is performing daily inspections of the work completed by their crew and their subcontractors.
When you work with a professional general contractor from Clever Design & Remodeling, you can rest assured you will work with the best! All our staff members, including general contractors, are highly trained and among the top in their respective fields.
Prioritizing Customer Satisfaction in Every Hillsborough Remodel
Unlike other kitchen remodeling services in the Hillsborough, CA, area, our top priority is the complete satisfaction of our clients. Whether you want to tackle a kitchen remodel in Mountain View, CA, or want to gut and redesign your entire house in San Francisco, you can always rest assured that when you hire Clever Design & Remodeling, you will work with the most talented team of designers, contractors, and custom builders in Northern California.
Why Our Construction Company Stands Out in South San Francisco
There are dozens of construction companies in the Bay Area and near Hillsborough, CA, so why should you entrust your remodeling project to the Clever Design & Remodeling team? Here are just a few of the many reasons you should hire our unmatched staff of designers and builders:
- Our customer-oriented approach. We always put our customers first. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the home project, rest assured you will always receive an answer you can trust.
- Years of experience. With more than 20 years of combined experience in the construction and design field, our highly-trained professional team has completed almost every type of project imaginable.
- We can handle any project – large or small. We can always handle any size project, from a whole-home remodel to a new coat of paint and tile in the bathroom.
- Your one-stop shop for all of your interior design and remodeling needs. Whether you want to transform your current home into a completely new house or need a new bathroom, kitchen, accessory dwelling unit, or home addition – we offer several popular services to our Bay Area customers.
South San Francisco’s Premier Kitchen Remodeling Destination
Ask almost any homeowner in the Bay Area about which remodeling project is at the top of their must-do list; chances are most will say, “A brand new, state-of-the-art, elegant, functional kitchen!” At Clever Design & Remodeling, we are the premier remodelers in the Bay Area because we can tackle any remodeling project. However, where our team truly shines is our kitchen services in Hillsborough, CA!
Hillsborough, CA: The Epicenter of Quality Home Remodeling
Your home is your most significant financial investment. Whether you are adding square footage, remodeling all the bathrooms in your home at once, or simply want to upgrade the appliances and flooring in your kitchen, you want to work with a professional construction business that offers all the services you require and quality services. At Clever Design & Remodeling, we specialize in quality!
Kitchen and Bathroom Designs Out of this World
The value of your home is significantly impacted by not only the number of bedrooms but also the quality of your bathrooms and kitchen. Whether you are selling your home or plan on living in your current house for the foreseeable future, we can help you redesign and reimagine your kitchen and all the bathrooms throughout the home – from your primary bathroom ensuite to the small, first-floor powder room.
What sets us apart from other Bay Area interior design firms is our incredible 3D design technology. Our 3D design tools can help you immensely in both your kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects. Want to learn more? Here are some of the many benefits of 3D design technology:
- The perfect combination of accuracy and creativity. Unlike traditional 2D blueprints, a designer and homeowner can create simple, accurate designs with a 3D tool in much less time. This can significantly speed up the entire design process, allowing builders to start realizing your vision.
- Prevent accidents and design interference. When it comes to designing a new kitchen or bathroom, accidents, and inaccurate measurements are two common issues. 3D technology dramatically cuts down on preventable mismeasurements and avoidable mistakes.
- Allows clients a greater understanding of the finished product. Reading blueprints and design drafts can be very difficult, even for seasoned professionals. A 3D rendering is much easier to interpret and will give you, as the homeowner, a better idea of the finished product.
Often, the most challenging part of designing a kitchen or bathroom is finding inspiration. Check out the amazing before and after pictures for some fantastic bathroom and kitchen remodeling ideas.
Planning a Bathroom Remodeling Project? Good Service Is Our Guarantee
Many growing families struggle with limited counter and floor space in their bathrooms. If you are simply outgrowing your current bathroom, ask about our comprehensive bathroom remodeling services. Whether you want to alter the floor plan of your existing bathroom, increase the room’s square footage, or even construct an additional bathroom, we can help you plan and execute any type of bathroom renovation or addition.
Navigating Your Construction Project with Hillsborough’s Best
When constructing an addition, your project will follow a strict timeline. Familiarizing yourself with this timeline will help ensure your project remains on track and that you understand every step and what to expect. Here are six common stages of a typical home addition construction project:
- Hire a construction company and contractors. Start by getting recommendations and doing a search online—schedule interviews with at least three to four contractors and design firms. Look for a company with a stellar reputation and a commitment to quality and service.
- Design and Pre-construction. During this stage, you will define the building parameters, create a budget, and apply for building and zoning permits. You will work with a team of designers and interior designers to craft a blueprint for the addition based on your needs and vision.
- The construction phase. A lot will occur during the actual construction phase. The contractors will pour a foundation and construct the frame.
- Plumbing, electrical, and mechanical. Subcontractors will install the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC. This step must be completed before the walls can be constructed.
- Construct the exterior and install windows. Once the walls are hung, the windows and siding are installed. An experienced construction team will ensure the new exterior blends seamlessly with your existing exterior.
- Fixtures and finishing touches. The final step is to paint, add flooring, install light fixtures, and decorate the space.
Aren’t sure which type of home addition is right for you? The professionals at Clever Design & Remodeling can help you understand the scope of each project and ultimately determine which type of home addition renovation project is the best for your needs, budget, and property lines!
Commitment to Excellence: Our Track Record of Doing an Excellent Job
Building an addition, renovating your kitchen or bathroom, or constructing a new deck all start with finding the right home construction or renovation company. Always choose a remodeling company with a proven track record of success. A great place to start this search is by reading the reviews. At Clever Design & Remodeling, we have an impressive portfolio of work and multiple five-star reviews on Yelp!
Transforming Dreams into Reality: Kitchen Remodeling Excellence in Hillsborough, CA
Your dream kitchen is only a phone call away! What are you waiting for? Don’t waste another minute preparing meals in your drab kitchen, and instead, contact the amazing team at Clever Design & Remodeling for a free quote. During this initial consultation, we will begin to discuss your vision and provide you with some information about the design process. When you are ready to start the transformation, we will use our 3D technology to create a mock-up of your new kitchen and assign a talented project manager to oversee the whole construction process.
What People in Hillsborough, California, Also Ask
As a concerned homeowner considering upgrading your kitchen, bathroom, or entire home, you have several questions. Don’t worry because, at Clever Design & Remodeling, we will not only guide you through every step of the design and construction process, but a representative will always be available to answer any questions. Here are some answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions from our prospective Hillsborough, CA, clients:
How can I find inspiration for my Hillsborough kitchen renovation?
In addition to consulting with a highly talented designer, you can find inspiration for your new kitchen in several other ways. For example, walk through your local kitchen showrooms to see the latest in kitchen cabinets, flooring, and countertop trends. Purchase interior design magazines or check out popular websites like Pinterest and Instagram! Talk to your friends and family who have recently renovated their kitchens, and look to their choices to determine what you enjoy or don’t like.
How much does it cost to remodel a kitchen in Hillsborough, CA?
The kitchen remodel cost in the Bay Area can vary greatly, depending on many factors. For example, if you want to save on your kitchen, opt for more inexpensive finishes and materials – including luxury vinyl flooring, stock cabinetry, and tile or laminate countertops. High-end materials and finishes, including natural stone or custom cabinets, will raise the overall cost of your renovation. On average, a Hillsborough, CA, kitchen remodeling costs $30,000 to $165,000.
It will also take 4 to 12 weeks to complete your renovation fully. Of course, some factors also influence this timeline. For example, if materials are unavailable or you make design changes during the renovation process, it will take longer for your construction crew to finish the project.
Which cabinet is best for a kitchen?
There are four main types of kitchen cabinets: ready-to-assemble, stock, semi-custom, or custom cabinetry. RTA, or ready-to-assemble, are the most cost-effective cabinets and come to your home prefabricated, allowing them to be assembled and hung by the homeowner. However, if you are concerned about your home’s value and want cabinets that will remain elegant and functional for decades, opt for custom cabinets. Depending on your choice, kitchen cabinets cost between $12,000 to $90,000.
Is natural stone the best choice for my new countertops?
Natural stone countertops are the superior choice for almost every kitchen, and for several good reasons. Natural stone has a fantastic return on investment and is durable. The look of natural stone cannot be matched, even by laminate or tile that is manufactured to mimic authentic stone. Here are a few of the best varieties of natural stone for your Bay Area kitchen:
- Quartzite. Often confused with quartz countertops, quartzite is a naturally occurring mineral, while quartz is manufactured. Quartzite is durable, easy to maintain, beautiful, and one of the more inexpensive varieties of natural stone.
- Granite. The summers in California can be brutal, coupled with the heat produced while cooking, which can make your kitchen downright sweltering. Granite can withstand heat and holds up under constant exposure to moisture, making it the ideal stone for your bathroom counters. Granite is also difficult to damage or scratch and very easy to clean.
- Marble. A classic, elegant option, marble can also withstand extreme heat. The product is more expensive than many other options, but its timeless look and appeal make it the best choice if you consider selling your home post-renovation.
- Soapstone. Soapstone is among the most expensive kitchen countertops, but it is naturally nonporous, meaning it won’t harbor bacteria. A properly sealed soapstone countertop will remain durable and beautiful for several years.
If you are considering installing natural stone floors in your Bay Area kitchen, some of the best varieties of stone include granite, marble, slate, travertine, and limestone. Whatever you choose, make sure the stone is sealed, which can prevent scratches and staining.
What is the ROI for an updated kitchen in Hillsborough, CA?
ROI, or return on investment, is the relative benefit of an upgrade or investment compared to the cost. When compared to other home improvement projects, a kitchen upgrade has one of the best return on investments. This is because when a bank or lender values a home, the kitchen is one of the most significant factors that are considered. On average, a well-planned, professionally executed full kitchen remodel can raise the overall value of your home by at least 10%!
How do I decide to remodel my kitchen?
There are several signs it is time to upgrade your current Hillsborough area kitchen, including:
- You lack adequate storage. Your family is growing, and there is not enough space to store all the extra plates, cutlery, and food. A talented kitchen designer can help you find unique and even fun ways to increase your kitchen storage space.
- Your kitchen is outdated and doesn’t suit your needs. No one wants to spend their time cooking, doing dishes, and baking Christmas cooking in an ugly, outdated kitchen! Instead, let our designers help you create a custom kitchen you will be proud to share with favorite friends and family.
- You are selling your home. Think back to when you purchased your home. What was the first room you inspected? Chances are it was the kitchen, and potential homebuyers will feel the same way about your kitchen! Upgrading your kitchen, including installing new cabinets, appliances, flooring, and countertops, will attract potential buyers and help your home sell faster and for a much higher price.
Contact Us Today for a Free Estimate!
For many homeowners, the first step in finding a quality construction and remodeling company is searching for “kitchen remodel near me!” Don’t be surprised that when you search for a quality renovation company in the Hillsborough area, one of the top results is Clever Design and Remodeling!